Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I did it!

Last night, we whipped up this shirt for Hans from an old t-shirt of Tom's that was in a rag pile. We used this tutorial from the blog I mentioned a few days ago, MADE.

IMG_0092

Even though it was my first time making a clothing item (I made a little jewelry bag a few weeks ago to re-fresh my sewing skills) post high school home ec, I'm super happy with how it turned out. The tutorial is referred to the "90 minute shirt" but it took a little longer with that. =-)

IMG_0091

I'm completely inspired to make more cute things for my lil guy!!

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!! Do you have pictures of what the shirt looked like when it was Tom's? OK...seriously, you've inspired me. I don't know if I'll actually DO anything about that, but at least in my head, I totally want to be like you! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls! Christa, you know I'm actually really surprised I don't have a before picture of Tom's shirt. But picture really huge (was super big on tom too) and had holes in it....it was a definite 'work' shirt =-) It was also a solid tan color. The blue was knit ribbing that I bought at the fabric store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! What a fantastic idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete