Saturday, February 21, 2009

10 Minutes to a room you'll love



I'm wondering what my husband will think when he asks me "What did you do today?" and my answer won't involve shopping! Wait, I take that back, it DID involve shopping....shopping from my house (Nester Style)!
The Nesting Place has been having a series on how to re-vamp rooms in your house in just 10 minutes. She encourages you to find things around your room and just add some changes here and there. I was inspired and decided to rise and shine early Saturday morning (with the help of some snow blowers outside) and apply these strategies to our ever so desperate bedroom.  I have really neglected decorating our bedroom until about 10 minutes ago so please don't judge the before pictures! 
Keep in mind that I'm NOT finished yet and I may just end up going shopping OUTSIDE of the house for a few things. However, this 10 minute make-over has made our room just a bit more cozy!!
Step 1: Make the Bed
 *Before*
*After*
Step 2: Personalize it.  Create a tablescape.

*Before*
*After*
Step 3: Remove all clutter and electronics. 
  Embarassing before photo I know.  Like I said, this room has been *neglected* and I have been sick for 3 weeks (hence the old TV brought in).
                                                      *Before*
*After*

I also brought a little of the outside in with a plant I had left over from a valentine's centerpiece. I just put it into a blue and white pot I had stored downstairs.

Another suggestion from the Nester is to add more fabric to a room.  My husband and I just bought some fabric last week and that has really help soften the room.  Now, I just need to get some tie backs.  

This was fun and really only took 10 minutes!

13 comments:

  1. Great ideas. I especially love how great the top of your dresser looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tablescape.It's so simple but beautiful.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pale blue is the perfect shade. I love it! Do you mind me asking what color it is?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT's amazing what a difference your tablescapes make! The dresser one especially caught my eye. Nester is fabulous with her suggestions. I started leaning frames, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I spent the better part of the morning cleaning my room after I read her post. I always leave my bedroom for last.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very pretty! I love it. I especially love the plant and the pretty blue and white planter. LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- I love the bed's transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look and feel that you created. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Katie! You have the touch! Can't wait to see the changes in person hopefully next weekend...and I can't wait to see you and Tom too! Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete